Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Remind 101

Remind 101 is a text messaging service that allows teachers to send messages to students and parents about upcoming events or assignments. I think this is a really great service for teachers who are willing to put themselves out there and go the extra mile to make sure students (and their parents) are aware of upcoming assignments and tests. Keep in mind this service is one-way communication. Students cannot reply to messages and students don't see the teacher's actual cellphone number.

This service is similar to sending students reminders via twitter or facebook, except they do not have to sign up for any accounts, and as long as they have a cellphone (any type of cellphone that has a texting plan), they can receive messages through Remind 101.

I think this is a great tool for teachers who are willing to use it. Personally, I don't see myself using it any time soon because I have so many redundancies already built into my classes, this only adds one more place to put the information out there. But I can also see the benefit of being able to get short, quick messages to students.

View a video about Remind 101 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment